I can’t believe it either! I am so excited. It proves net working at a conference like the Santa Barbara Writer’s conference is important. I can’t wait to tell you about the big changes I am sure my new team will bring to my platform.
Before the conference I read my agent's bio and selected to meet him on the Meet The Agent Day at the conference. His bio picture must have been doctored or taken during his prime because he was not what I’d expected.
We carried on about books and places we both had visited, almost missing the afternoon wine and cheese party at the pool. He explained he was a twin and had been separated at birth from his brother. A chill crawled up my spine when I suddenly realized who he reminded me of. Could this be the brother of Jack Incarnate, aka Cowboy Jack? I kept my musings to myself.
- Your blog is an online advertisement for your writing or editing services, or for documents or publications you write or your company produces.
- Your blog is an extension of your résumé that allows you to present content about your professional experience, as well as writing samples, in one convenient location.
- Your blog will convey your personality, allowing prospective collaborators, clients, and employers to gain a good first impression of you.
- Your blog enables you to network with other writers and editors or other people in your industry or sphere of interest.
- Your blog demonstrates to prospective associates that you are passionate and knowledgeable about the subject area you blog about.
- Your blog establishes you as an expert (or someone with interest if not expertise) and as someone who engages in extra effort to acquire and share knowledge and information about a profession or area of interest.
- Your blog provides you with a forum for developing your communication skills — not just writing but also video and audio, as well as interactivity such as networking, commenting on other websites and blogs, and responding to comments on your blog.
|My agent, Jack B. Sellinit, from Harley Rules Press enjoying the wine and cheese party at the 2013 Santa Barbara Writers Conference. ( Hope he'll be "sellin' my books.)|
|We met at the Country Market Place in Menifee, Ca. to wrap up the final details of our contract.|