Thursday, August 3, 2017

Focus on Goodness and Good Times

Do you want goodness and good times? Do you want to make the world a better place, to make a difference?  


What can one person do, you ask? 
There is so much to do.

I came across a quote the other day that made me smile. “A raindrop never admits its responsibility for the flood.”
Traveling this country I have discovered the world is not as bad as it is painted to be. 
Everyone ….yes, EVERYONE!  …wants  goodness  and good times. 
Everyone is beating down the paths to their  places of worship because we long for peace and good will.

“What the mind perceives, it will achieve.”

I believe this to be true. We are all proclaiming our good intentions and desires for a better world. So, what are we doing wrong?
I am offering  you my simple theory.
A simple idea yet so difficult to achieve.   Because the very concept and lifestyle in which we profess that we long for … that  utopia of peace and good will  which we are frightened will not come about … can not  manifest,  because we don’t have our eyes on the prize, which is goodness and love. We do not have faith. We do not believe. Which is it? Do we believe in evil or goodness? I believe we can’t have it both ways.
Choose one. 
That is my challenge.
 Believe  there is only good.


 For one week, only see the good. Erase all  “Yeah buts … from your thoughts.  If you do this, not only will your life change, but also so will your world. GUARANTEED!
Decide. 
Good or evil? 
Which will you choose to believe?
If the marathon runner sees the race as too long, too steep, or too many obstacles he will not finish he has lost the faith that he can finish let alone win.
You marry someone not to make your life better, but because you want to make your partner’s  life better.  If you marry for the former reason, your marriage will fail.

Focus on those  relationships  with  what the Dali Lama calls, Sacred Friends
“In life we have friends and then we have sacred friends. Friends are easy to love and easy to forgive. Sacred friends are very hard to love.”

Tell me what you think. If you meet my challenge I want to  hear from you!


Click on the link below to find out more about Judy Howard's books.



3 comments:

  1. I believe in good for I believe in God!
    Judy, I have begun by first book for children. Who do I trust to help me? Ironically, the topic is:honesty. I have lots of research to do, but I am beginning to write.
    Thank you for the positive words on goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jeanette.

    Ever since I opened my heart just a bit to God, He has flooded me with blessings and love.

    I know if He did that for me, he must love everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete