Monday, September 3, 2012

BOOK SIGNINGS AND VETERANS

My calendar is full this month. I am so excited about all of the events coming up.
First and most exciting, I will have the privilege of meeting a veteran and his service dog. I am excited and nervous and honored to have the opportunity. The meeting will be my introduction to this expanding and critical social issue I want to write about. I am nervous because as a writer, it has been said we constantly suffer inadequacy issues.
Although I battle these demons, I am in love with my new career and it is too late to back out now. The affair began with my first book, COAST TO COAST WITH A CAT AND A GHOST. It was fun and almost easy, perhaps because I was ignorant of the road ahead, of publishing and marketing.
But I am on that road now and  cannot turn back. I compare it to my experience of driving across Lake Ponchartrain on the long, long bridge. I was terrified, amazed, and swore I would never do it again. Well, I still may never drive across that bridge again in a motor home, but I couldn’t restrain from writing my second book, GOING HOME WITH A CAT AND A GHOST and now …my third? I can’t believe it!
INVISIBLE HEROES has captured my heart only thirty-three pages in. The aspects of the story are three fold, all issues of importance.
Working Dogs: We are all familiar with dogs for the blind, but there is so much more that dogs are capable of.
Prison Rehabilitation: An issue we all wish for but cynically think is impossible. Dogs fit in here too.
Disabled Veterans: An issue that began with the first war ever fought, now of monumental proportions, and our beloved dogs are contributing to the healing process with phenomenal success.
It may I have strayed from the subject of upcoming events, but at all of these events will have information about these issues and ways you can help.
Thursday,September 13th at 6 pm. I will be selling and signing books at this event. $2.00 of every sale will be donated to  The Canine Support Team. Come out and meet the Volunteers and the service dogs too.

Mark Saturday, September 15th at 2pm. on your schedules.Click on the link below  for another great event for book lovers.  The Book Fair will have many local authors present to sell and sign their books. Meet the authors!
GLEN AVON REGIONAL LIBRARYhttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Glen-Avon-Regional-Library/104887107880


September 12th. And the link below is a movie debuting at the new Loma Linda Hospital on the I-215 in Murrieta, Ca.  Again meet the Canine support Team and watch the touching movie, SHELTER ME, that will inform, educate and warm your heart.


http://shelterme.com/


Finally on Saturday September 29  from 2pm. to 5pm. come to the Hemet Mall on Florida Ave. and help celebrate the Grand Opening of a new bookstore, THE BOOK WAREHOUSE.
More local authors will be in attendance.
(Note the bookstore opens on the 4th but the Book Fair will be on the 29th.)

1 comment:

  1. Love the idea of writing a book from a dog's pov. You have the experience to do just that. Dogs are some of my favorite people. I'll be critiquing your story on the Internet Writers Workshop.

    ReplyDelete