Friday, November 1, 2013

Out Of This World In Roswell, New Mexico

Mac Donalds is shaped like a space ship.

Store front of a loan company.

Even the book store played on the Alien theme.

A music store.

This store was called Alien Zone.

Can you see the Alien with the sombrero?

I spent my first night in a Walmart parking lot. What a great experience. As you can see, I was not alone. The light poles all had signs,  " 24 hour security." That was nice. MacDonalds was inside and Chili;'s Was across the parking lot. So every need was covered, security, shopping, restaurants  all at the right price. $00.00. There are no rules in the parking lot so generator time is not restricted.  What a deal. I choose not to shop or eat out. I heated up soup my own chili and cornbread in the microwave and watched TV.  In the morning I headed out for The Roswell UFO Museum.

I could have spent hours contemplating the state of our universe and the government's involvement. The Museum has an entire wing for their research library.
But I had to move on.  By the afternoon I had added up the miles ...this time taking me closer to home. One last major sight remained on my itinerary before my to do list was completed. Stay tuned for  a visit to the Gila Cliff Dwellings.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment