Saturday, April 4, 2015

What can you accomplish in a year?


What can you accomplish in a year?

 

Retirement:
In May of last year, I sold my pet grooming business, The Canine Beauty Salon, which I had operated since I was eleven. I’m not going to say how many years that is but my upcoming birthday will be the last year I’ll see any number in the sixties. You do the math. With my signature on the bill of sale, my new goal is to live the dream - travel and write books.
 

 

 

Remain in the top 10% of Amazon’s Author Ranking:
You, my readers, have humbled and inspired me since the release of my first two books, COAST TO COAST WITH A CAT AND A GHOST and GOING HOME WITH A CAT AND A GHOST. Thank you so much. 

Publish book number three:
In August last year I  edited and reedited my latest book, MASADA’S MARINE,  clicked the “Publish” button, and  then like every author I know, ran to the bathroom, hung my head in the toilet bowl and vomited. The birth of this third novel, is the story of a service dog and her wounded Marine warrior, and I believe, is my most compelling yet. Already the reviews have proved my goal is being met - to bring awareness, not only to what our veterans have sacrificed, but also the importance of service dogs in aiding  their readjustment to civilian life.

Enjoy the honeymoon stage of retirement:
Sportster and I traveled the coast of California, Oregon and Washington.





Mendocino: I visited my artist friend Suzi Long who lives above her art gallery in this old water tower in Mendocino, Ca. Pretty cool! And she is a very accomplished artist. I'm going to take some of her classes some day.
 I held a Bengal tiger. Att six months old, this cutie could have done a lot of damage.

The beautiful  Oregon coast...

...and the Olympic forest. The inspiration for  Sportster's new novel. He's pawing at the computer keyboard as you read this.



After spending the month of March in Arizona,  attending the Good Sam Rally in Phoenix, The Escapade RV rally in Tucson and the Tucson Festival of Booksand squeezing in a couple of visits with my granddaughter, and great grandkids, I rounded   off March, by attending the FMCA 91st Reunion RV Rally in Pomona, California. In thirty days I presented a total of six seminars and did one book signing. Whew!

I will wrap up this first year of retirement with  Part Three in my series of Road To Writing seminars, covering the topic of Inspiration and how to remain motivated. Who doesn’t need  a helpful push now and then? Catch this one on April 25th at the Ovitt Community Library in Ontario California.Check my website for details.


 

As I come up on another birthday and the one year anniversary of my retirement, I'll admit I am not retired. I am working on the second book of my Masada Series and even Sportster is not resting on his haunches. He is writing his memoirs. Because he has such a tendency to exaggerate, I will insist he call it a novel. Check out the  first chapter  of Sportster's Adventures on his blog,The Cat's Perspective On Reading, Writing, and Life.

What can you accomplish in a year?

No comments:

Post a Comment