Monday, October 30, 2017

LET ‘ER RIP! GIVE IT ALL YOU GOT!

LET ‘ER RIP! GIVE IT ALL YOU GOT!


Everyone has moments they remember from childhood. Maybe it was lying in a pile of fresh fallen leaves, or a snow drift creating angels. Perhaps the memorable moment is a place in the safety of darkness, on a rainy day, crouched in a tent made of sheets. But it was a certain place and time in which the spirit soared  high, free to touch the sun, without being told you might get burned.

A LETTER TO MYSELF

Dear Turnip,

Do you remember falling into a pile of fresh fallen leaves?   You didn’t worry about the bugs or the musky dust. You raked the pile high.  
Did you notice the crisp fall air, or listen to the leaves showering from the trees like the rain?  Probably not. You were eight years old. You lay spread eagle on your back, swishing your arms and legs to the crackle of your leaf angel that would never be as distinct

as the snow angel you would make a few months later.
You gazed up into the thundering, billowing clouds, too young to wonder about boys ,or  who your friends would be. You imagined wild horses thundering across the endless storm filled heavens. Your world was small, just Mom, Dad and Punkin, who was the boss of you because she was a year older.  Oh yes, and Andy, Dad’s black lab, who went everywhere with you. No wonder Mom and Dad never worried.
They could have told you to cherish those days. Every moment. 
Today I strive to recreate that free style you enjoyed, running and falling, and crawling into the fragile crisp leaf caves. I remember the gift of freedom you thrived upon. The only rule, “Be home by dark.”
If Mom and Dad had warned, “Be careful,” you would have asked, “Of what?” I’m glad they didn’t instill that fear and you didn’t have to ask. Instead, you grabbed that   freedom and incorporated it into the confidence which I enjoy today. I am grateful fear never held you back.
When I am weary from my mind’s battle with doubts of who I am, and what I will become, I remember you, Turnip, and your eight year old undaunted spirit.  You are my hero.  Because of you I grew strong and confident with courage to face the future and its challenges.  So let ‘er rip. Give me all you got, world. And I will stand back up.
Love,
Me


Oh, and don’t forget!! Readers’ reviews  keep writers motivated.

USEFUL LINKS

SPORTSTER'S BLOG


Click on the link below to find out more about Judy's books.









Safe travels!
                   









9 comments:

  1. Your article is great. I like it and your work is marvelous. I really happy to read it and I wish to read more on this site. Thanks for sharing with us.Blade Runner 2049 Ryan Gosling Coat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed my blog. Aleays love to hear your responses.!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your all articles are just amazing. I just love reading your articles.
    Also, Please check out my game Traffic Racer .
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those relationship advice articles are always too stupid to read. Anyone who has to get relationship tips from some third rate columnist has serious issues. T Birds Jacket Grease

    ReplyDelete
  7. you want it to be a great place to take groups for dinner then make sure it is its own seperate restaurant...It can be close to a strip mall or something but think of a topic. Happy Days. The Rock Jumanji Vest

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's always exciting to read articles from other writers and practice something from their web sites.
    Shaft Trench Coat

    ReplyDelete