Saturday, November 8, 2014

Give VETERANS The Gift of EMPATHY and UNDERSTANDING

Veterans Day.
As I wrote MASADA'S MARINE, I spent many days buried in the stories of our men and women in the military who have  returned  home. During my research,  I gained empathy and understanding of their experiences.

I shared in their joy, relief, and gratitude. I felt the warmth of their smiling faces on the tarmac,  the happy surprises of their loved ones.

On this Veterans Day  these   emotions  will be brought to the forefront  again. This time, my book, MASADA'S MARINE  will  tell the rest of their stories, the ones  these men and women don’t tell  or can’t bring themselves to tell. 

Eighteen months of interviews and research taught me our veterans sacrificed much more than just time away from their family and their country.

This Veterans Day I hope to  give something back to them.

MASADA’S MARINE, The Story of A Service Dog and Her wounded Marine Warrior, gives  the  reader empathy and understanding for our men and women returning home.  It reveals the real sacrifices of our men and women in the military.

This VETERANS DAY  give the  priceless gift of empathy and understanding.
On Monday, November 10th and
VETERANS DAY,  
Tuesday, November 11th
, the digital version of  MASADA’S MARINE will be discounted to $ .99 ! 

 A savings of $ 6.00. 

  Please share this with your friends and family in order to bring awareness, not only about the effects of PTSD on our veterans, but also how service dogs  enhance their lives.

Our men and women are coming home. Please keep them alive on home soil.

 

Every hour a veteran commits suicide.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment