Friday, May 13, 2016

The Best Day of Your Life


What was the best day of our life?  The miracle of your child’s birth? The moment you met “Her”? Or was it that private moment when you sat by a creek, the heat of the sun on your cheek and a brisk breeze tugging at you hair?

Was your best day the one moment when you swelled with a desire for the freedom to soar into vast world before you?

It probably happened when you were young, at least it did for me. Before experience proved the consequences of dreaming impossible dreams.   


On my best day, my eyes watered as I urged my horse, Trigger, to chase his own dream of running free. I was sixteen.
The old forgotten coal mine was home to a few jackrabbits who protested our presence and sprinted across our path, failing to spook the spirited palomino.  My heart raced as his hooves pounded the black dusty mine road. He  kicked up long ago coal chunks discarded from the rusty boxcars, which had come to rest on the abandoned railroad tracks tracing the road.

I hugged his neck and never wanted to stop, but I had been riding since morning and had to be home for dinner. That was the rule.

 Reining my steed in, his nostrils puffed hot breaths into the frigid air and I thought of the bad boys smoking in the alley behind the school. Trigger snorted and shook his head. His flowing golden tail switched  across my leg as I slid off the horse’s bare back. His body heat rose like smoke as he puffed and then pawed the earth.

“Just catch your breath, boy.” I panted from my excited exertion as I smoothed my hand over his thick muscles, wet with sweaty foam.  I pulled the reins over his head and kissed his velvety nose. “Let’s walk awhile.”  And we headed home.

The best day of my life.

Tell me yours!

 Studies show that when you recall moments when you felt powerful, and believed nothing could stop you, those memories will recharge your soul.  Don’t let those adult doubts and fears invade and over power your ability to dream.  Everything you see before you, EVERYTHING! -- Began as someone’s dream.

Last month, I raced a Mario Andretti race car at the Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, Calif. 
to celebrate my 70th birthday.  I was terrified and afraid not only of dying in a fiery crash, but worse, of embarrassing myself by driving at a grandma speed.

  But, I am afraid every time I sit down at the computer to write. My stomach flip-flops when I hit the publish button and expose my creations to you, my fans. My hands tremble when I walk to the podium to inspire you, to tell you how I made it this far and what I am doing today. I am always racing scared.

So why do I do it? Whether I only achieve, writing one page, or publishing one book, or racing the slowest speed at 128 miles per hour, the effort of the journey is how  I  grow, blossom, and bring Inspiration to others.  And doing that makes it my BEST DAY EVER!
I am not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it is going to be worth it!

Check out  the latest books on...
 

Sportster the cat always envied the huge cats who lived the big life in the jungle until opportunity sends the motorhome in which he travels veering into a roadside ditch. When strangers whisk away not only his Winnebago, but also his chauffer, Judy, he is alarmed. However, once the dust settles, he purrs a happy tune as he discovers he is free! I He is in the wild. And he is in the Olympic Forest

ACTIVATE LION MODE is just what Sportster does as he spins this yarn in his own words. Living wild and free brings on encounters that he never imagined. The life he dreamed becomes an adventure full of bears, pit bulls, drugs and more. Sportster weaves this story of his incredible journey as only a coddled cat of leisure can do.
 
 
Masada, a bumbling golden retriever puppy, struggles through eighteen months of training to become a lifeline for a veteran with PTSD.
As part of her training, the puppy is assigned to prison life, where she matures and adapts to the cold concrete life of confinement and experiences hair-raising risks, tension, and the ache of loneliness.
She forms unusual bonds, first with Roy, her inmate trainer, and in the end, the total prison population as well.  
When she walks point for her veteran down the graduation aisle, an awe of respect silences the crowd.
Will the readers also be led down the wedding aisle?  Brad and Judy, founders of the K9s for Warriors training facility,  who have reunited after a forty-year separation, face monumental responsibilities that test their relationship as they try to build the dog-training program for veterans.
A touching yet educational story, about the world of service dogs who save veteran lives.
 
 
 
 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Judy, you look awesome in your racing gear! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy -
    Thank you for sharing. I certainly identified with you and Trigger, as I've had "Trigger" moments with my own horses...there just are not words to tell the story..Best to you and thanks for being an inspiration to many, including me!

    ReplyDelete