Friday, May 29, 2015

An Opportunity To Help Record History


To you, my ever loyal reader,

My four year anniversary as an author is approaching and I want to thank you and the rest of my readers for your support over the past four years.

Sportster thanks you, too.
Many of you know that I travel the country presenting a series of seminars about writing. My first seminar, titled, “Have You Ever Thought About Writing?” begins the series.

I began offering these workshops because 23% of the public has thought about writing a book.  This first seminar, probably the most inspirational, explains that I was not in that 23% category. Writing had never crossed my mind, and yet today I rank in the top 10% – 20% of Amazon’s Author ranking.

Four years ago I signed up for a free creative writing class offered by the community college because I was considering retiring, and wanted to slow down  at pet grooming salon that I had operated since I was eleven years old grooming in my parents’ basement coal room.

Eleven years old! I was a dog groomer, not an author. Who would have thought? Not me! But as write this, and I look back on these past four years, I am amazed.

I am grateful to have discovered this talent of styling words instead of fur. And yet I cannot find the perfect words to express the humility and warmth I receive from you when you tell me that my story…my story...has affected your life. If I had realized how important my words would be to you, and so many other people, and what an impact my words would have on issues that matter, I would have been too frightened to scratch out one word.

This journey has been amazing – exciting, frightening, depressing, humbling, and fun – a wild and crazy roller coaster ride. Thank you for your support these last four years. You have shared my books with your friends and I am so grateful. Without your support I could not, would not have continued on this road. Like every writer, I do not survive on sales, but instead on the emotional support of my readers.

Today, I am asking your help. My desire is to present my seminars and workshops to Veterans’ groups, seniors, and young people across the country. I am passionate that veterans as a group have stories to tell, should tell, and most importantly, need to tell.  Please help me help someone you know find a way to express themselves and in turn, record our history.

Please contact me if you would like me to speak to your club or organization. I charge a nominal fee of $5.00 per person. Don’t forget I travel. I can schedule your organization on my itinerary. I know with your help, other writers can be born.

Thank you for your continued support.

Judy Howard


951-544-3046

No comments:

Post a Comment