Sunday, May 24, 2015

Service dogs Save Veterans Lives


WWII soldiers saying their last goodbyes  before shipping out.
 


Memorial Day has been  created to honor and thank our fallen men and women for their ultimate sacrifices so that  you and I may pursue our coveted and privileged lives. Everyone  has been touched by a veteran.  We all  have had to  say our good byes, whether they be temporary ones  at the dock or tarmac when they ship off, or final farewells at the bedside.
But don’t  forget the most painful goodbyes - the tragic, unexpected farewells we  must say alone after  a veteran's suicide. These goodbyes occur twenty-two times a day.

 Twenty-two times a day.

Today I want to remember those Masada souls who fought the valiant fight, and could not give up….until they did.
These fallen heroes have defended my right to stand up for my beliefs.
 
 


A protestor at Tiananmen Square  who was never seen again after this picture was taken -1989
Because of them  I do not live in fear...


A 106 Year Old Armenian woman guards her house - 1990














...and I will not starve ...
A Vulture waits for a Sudanese girl to die. 1993





... and I am free to follow my dreams.
POWS cheer as their plane lifts off to take them home after the Vietnam war.
 



This Memorial Day please join me as  I offer a special thanks in honor of those men and women who have fallen too early. Because of them we are able to live a charmed life. I am embarrassed that  my biggest worries are losing ten pounds, hoping the potholes on Interstate 5 are filled before my next road trip, and being disappointed if my favorite show tonight is a rerun.
 

Today, and every day of my life, with every breath I take…..

Thank you.
 

Service Dogs Save Veterans' Lives.


A Service Dog in WWII


No comments:

Post a Comment