Monday, October 19, 2015

Visiting Yosemite in 1944

Yosemite 1944!!
After a death in the family, revisiting  the past becomes a comforting pastime. Going through my sister's files, I came across several travel journals my mother had written. This proves I inherited  the travel gene.

Below is page one of my mother's visit to Yosemite in 1944  and in February! She was on her way to pick up my father in California who had just gotten out of the Navy.
I hope you will be able to read this. I will post page two next week.
Enjoy!



3 comments:

  1. I think you are right Judy.We inherit traits that allow us to adapt to our environment. They can remain dormant until circumstances require them to help us survive or grow in our life experiences.


























    w

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, we have to wait until next week to find out about the strange man at the door???!!!
    Judy, this is such a wonderful memory of your mom and such a wonderful period travel log. You are fortunate to have had such an important influence on your life. DNA rocks!!

    ReplyDelete