Sunday, July 10, 2016

There is nothing more powerful.....


“There is nothing more powerful than an idea whose time has come.”  –– Dr. Wayne W. Dyer.

When Abraham Lincoln signed the proclamation to free the slaves, that was an idea whose time had come.  Women’s right to vote,  another idea whose time had come, as well as the gay’s right to marriage. 80% of the population have nurtured the idea of  writing a book and with the new industry of self publishing, this too  is a powerful idea whose time has come.

What is your idea? Your spiritual path?  If you are sixteen, it may be the girl sitting in front of you in your English class.  If you are thirty it may be that  you have been wishing for  your first child, or to travel, lose weight, or save the world?  For me, sometimes the idea seems impossible and the path  appears to lead westward when my desired destination is in the opposite direction.

How many roads must a man walk down……?

 

Bob Dylan says  the answer is Blowin’ in the wind. Whatever roads we walk down they are a part of our spiritual path and are the way to the ideas we embrace. If we  look back on  the gifts in our lives  we discover that  they have been created from  the places, people and experiences we  encountered.

My energy level  runs close to the cosmic speed limit.  I want to go   bigger, faster, higher, and deeper than I have done before. I want to go where no one else has dreamed of going  and arrive at a place where  everyone thought impossible. That is my idea, my spiritual path.

 

In my case, like many of us,  my way has  been scarey and treacherous,  breath taking and   inspirational, or it has been a long, lonely, desolate roads in which I believed I would die from the thirst of  wanting what I wanted.

 Just like life, I have taken  wrong turns, only to discover the beauty of the unplanned  landscape, and realize there are no mistakes.   I have visited places whose wind  whispered answers to me when the breeze had not blown  there before, because I passed through at exactly the right time.

Whatever path I am on it  is the right path at the right time.

 

2 comments:

  1. Judy -
    I admire you so much, and love what you write and what you share. We do each have a personal, interesting story to write. In this uncertain time, I believe we need to reach out to each other with compassion, understanding, hope and love. Thank you for all you do to lift our spirits, when I know you yourself have been through so much. You are on the right path...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post. By following a path, you move forward. And by showing up for life, things happen and you stay engaged. It's a self-sustaining cycle. However, I discovered that most women are not OK with the ambiguity of "whatever this path is, it is the right one" especially as they transition towards empty nest, retirement, loss of spouse. They experience anxiety. I am curious, what steps do you take not to get anxious in the face of the unknown?

    ReplyDelete